"The enthusiasm for Egyptian dance that I have witnessed all over the world has encouraged me to share my own passion, past experiences and knowledge of dance in Egypt. Egyptian dance has a resilience, as well as potential to grow and embrace new styles and ideas. For anyone to truly understand the essence of dance in Egypt, and what it offers, one must understand the temperament, aesthetics, as well as the culture of the Egyptians. I share this in my many free articles, translated into many languages by dear friends around the world."
~ Farida Fahmy
Join the Newsletter to stay posted or see more on the official Farida Fahmy Facebook Fan Page.
This stunning new hard cover coffee table book Farida - Memoirs, is out in April 2024. Pre-order your personal exclusive limited edition 200 page book now. Farida recalls fond memories with rare images from her childhood in Heliopolis, meeting the Reda brothers, marrying her beloved Ali Reda and co-founding Egypt's illustrious Reda troupe with Ali and Mahmoud Reda. Her intimate memoirs highlight a lifetime of touring and performing on infamous stages and theatres worldwide, and assimilating her experience with a masters degree at UCLA. This exclusive book is a rare gem, where Farida shares memories, loves and losses, with her audience from her home in Cairo. Learn about Farida, the 'Daughter of Egypt' - the country's favourite dance star who elevated Egyptian dance to honour and celebrate her nation's cultural arts.
Biography written by Farida Fahmy, published by Keti Sharif.
$90 USD plus $18 USD postage (heavy item) POSTED IN APRIL 2024.
You will receive a monthly email from Farida updating you with the printing. Order now to secure your copy of this limited print edition book!
1. Introduction To Articles
2. Artistic Impact of Reda Troupe
3. Aesthetics, Inspirations and Adaptations of Mahmoud Reda
4. Field Work: Mahmoud Reda’s Adaptation of Traditional and Indigenous Dance Events for Stage
5. The Difference Between
Indigenous Dance and Theater
6. The First Egyptian Theatre Dance Genre
7. Saidi Dance?
8. Mahmoud Reda’s Teaching Methodology
1. ‘Reminiscing’ - A Trip Down Memory Lane
2. Egyptian Dance Aesthetics
3. Dancing with the Millayah Laff
5. Muwashahat Raqisah
6. Honouring Mahmoud Reda
7. Excerpt from 'The Daughter of Egypt' by Marjorie Franken
8. The Khadevial Opera House
9. Lasting Impressions
10. Designing Dance Costumes for Stage
11. Farida Fahmy: Celebrating a lifetime of Egyptian dance and cultural resilience
1. Farida Fahmy's UCLA Thesis:
2. Farida Documentary Film
3. Interview with Mahmoud Reda
4. Costumes of the Reda Troupe
5. Farida's Muwashahat Workshop
6. Sphinx Festival Folkloric Dance Package
7. Teacher's Seminar (audio)